The Friends held their monthly meeting at 7:15pm on Zoom. Evan Weststrate led the meeting, and minutes were recorded by same.
No formal agenda was followed but the following topics were discussed:
- Village Day: It was lightly attended. Materials about the Friends of HG were distributed by members who were there. We agreed that it is good to maintain some regular presence there, because Upper Falls is our neighborhood community. It was suggested that we continue to set up a booth there every year.
- Fall Cleanup to be October 28th. Evan/John to contact DCR about supplies and disposal.
- Stairs project: To continue. Probably an annual maintenance thing. Scouts to work on it again in the spring.
- Questions about the status of the Stone Building. No update yet.
- April Earth Day: Possible booth setup.
- Invasive Pull: Don to reach out to Katherine H. as part of Newton Serves. This is independent of FoHG activities.
- Attendance: Evan Weststrate, John Mordes, Rena Getz, Don Ross, Jean Fisher, Paul Roberts, Robin Dexter