Dear Friends of Hemlock Gorge:
2012 has been a year of progress for the Friends, and with your help, 2012 will be even better.
We plan in 2012 to expand our efforts even further, but to do so we need your continued help in three ways:
- Renew your membership by filling in the accompanying form and support us with your dues.
- Indicate which projects on the work plan on the accompanying page that you believe deserve priority for allocating the Friends’ advocacy efforts and your dues.
- Attend one of monthly meetings. These are held in the Emerson Community Center on Pettee Street at 7:30 p.m., usually on the first Tuesday of the month. Please be part of our work.
With best wishes,
Brian Yates, President
John P. Mordes, M.D., Membership Coordinator and Webmaster
To join the Friends, we ask that you print and complete this brief form.
I would like to become a member of the Friends of Hemlock Gorge Reservation. I wish to join in the following category:
___ Individual $15 ___ Student/Senior $10 ___ Family $25
___ Organization $50 ___ Sponsoring $100 ___ Life Member $500
Dues are tax deductible to extent provided by law
FHG Work Plan for 2012
- Spring (April 14) and Fall Cleanups
- Summer Picnic/Concert
- Website maintenance and sales of “Makers of the Mold”
Proposed New Activities for 2012 (Check up to five that you think the Friends should focus on)
□ Contribute to the installation of windows in stone building
□ Monitor reconstruction of dam on eastern raceway
□ Prune trees throughout the property
□ Fight invasive plants found in the reservation
□ Investigate new ways to fight the hemlock woolly adelgid
□ Plant trees on Needham border of the reservation to screen out the private houses
□ Engineer and build the Friends Bridge (See https://hemlockgorge.org/FHGFriendsBridge.htm) from Turtle Island to the Needham shore
□ “Adopt” the Route 9 overpass near Ellis St. for cleaning in partnership with Massachusetts DOT
□ Your suggestion:________________________________
Return this form in the accompanying postage paid envelope to
the Friends of Hemlock Gorge
1094 Chestnut St.
Newton, MA 02464.